Blogging for business
Since the internet has changed the way customers look for products and services, it's important that they find your website when they need to buy what you offer. The solution - Blog, Blog, Blog! (Used here as a verb!)
Allow me to disspel a myth. A blog is not a mini website for travel fundis to share their holiday adventures with their friends. A blog can be that, but it has many uses, and a business blog, infact, is the most critical vehicle available to help your company get found online.
With all the hype around social media, there is a lot of emphasis on developing a social media strategy, yet what most people don't know, is that if your company is not creating awesome content, through blogging for example, you're going to have very little to share on your facebook and twitter pages, which makes the whole 'social' excercise a futile one.
Why is blogging so powerful in helping your company get found online:
Because it's the most powerful SEO tool available to you:
- Improved search rankings: Search engines like Google love new, relevant content - and blogging is the best way to create new content
- Link building - this is the number of links to your site from other sites and it is also the most important metric that search engines use in determining how your company should rank for a given keyword. Blogging is the most powerful way to increase your inbound links
- SEO - if your blog is written well and properly optimised, each page provides an opportunity to get good, quality website traffic
And then of course, there are the social media benefits of blogging:
- Blogging encourages the sharing of content among your fans and followers which drives traffic back to your website
- Blogging allows you to engage in a two-way dialogue with potential customers and keep them constantly engaged with your company.
So, the above should be enough reason to get you thinking about the next steps you need to take to make blogging part of your online strategy.